Biomass Technology (On-demand Courses)
This curriculum provides training on biomass energy to extension agents and local officials so that they may deliver this information to their stakeholders.
The Biomass Energy Training Curriculum for each topic area includes:
- Lesson Guide with Learning Objectives and information notes for each presentation slide.
- Slide presentation
- Factsheet and other educational materials
- Questions which can be used to test participants’ knowledge at the end of the presentation. This can be combined with clickers to improve audience engagement and create discussion
- Evaluation of the presentation.
Part I. Introduction to Biomass Energy
- Module 1. State of the Energy Industry
- Module 2. Biofuel Valuechain
- Module 3. Environmental Effects of Bioenergy
- Module 4. Bioenergy Production
Part II. On-farm Biodiesel Production
- Module 1. Biodiesel Production – Steps for Success
- Module 2. Agronomics of Sunflower and Winter Canola
- Module 3. Economics of On-Farm Biodiesel Production
- Module 4. How to Start a Cooperative
- Module 5. Rural Agriculture and Energy Biodiesel Production
Part III. Bioenergy and Forage Production
- Module 1. Bioenergy Advantages and Disadvantages
- Module 2. Establishment and Management of Bioenergy and Forage
Part IV. Soil Health For Sustainable Agriculture